Thursday, August 13, 2009

I've missed ya!

I was trying to avoid big gaps of time and post at least every other day, but starting a new job and getting three kids ready for school has kind of zapped alot of time. But, so has my new addiction...swapping! I am so into this! My first swap was to make a card. That's it, any card, color, style, size and send it to your partner. I was partnered with a sweet lady in Mexico City, Berniece. I found out her fav color is pink and brown, which is also one of my fav color combos. This is the card I made for her.


I also swapped a altered composition note book with a lady in South Carolina. Unfortunately I did not get a picture of that before I mailed it. This one I signed up through Swap-bot.com. Cool website, if you are into the swap thing.

Right now I am working on two other swaps. One is for a Halloween felted charm.
I had come up with these 4 ideas.
(the white blob is suppose to be a witch, but the picture is terrible) But I have decided on this one.

The other swap is a whimsy jar with a Halloween theme. A whimsy jar is a clear jar (2qt in this case) filled with fun trinkets and treasures. This one is suppose to be 1/2 scrapbook stuff and 1/2 anything else. I am having fun shopping for this one! My partner loves pumpkin seeds, so I think I am going to order some gourmet pumpkin seeds for her as part of the jar. These two I found on twopeasinabucket.com. I am really digging this swap thing!!

But I have had a chance to do one small craft. You all remember this


from my garage selling a few weeks ago? I had originally planned on removing it from the pot and buying a new pot to put it in. Well that thing was glued in there so tightly, there was no way to get it out of the pot and keep the wheat in tack. So this was the back up plan.

I painted the pot black and tied a black bow on it. But it looked a little too goth and needed some pop. So I added the small red ribbon. I plan on replacing that with a large red bow, but need to get the ribbon still. I originally had it on my "dining room" (lets not fool ourselves, its my craft room!) table. It got rather lost there though. So I moved it to my entry.

I don't know though? What do you think? Is the lamp and the wheat thing fighting with each other? Maybe another pop of red? I am still not in love with it. So let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Helen Dooley said...

Swaps are so much fun. I can see your talent. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hi there! I sent you a card last week, hope you will receive it very soon. Cute projects :)
Have an excellent week.