Sunday, December 6, 2009

Not your ordinary Christmas Wreath

I know that the monogram is a huge trend right now. And I have seen a few monogram wreaths out there in blogger land. But I was so inspired by this one (scroll down some)at Rosy Cheeks cute blogs. And maybe that is because I have seen this one in person, every Sunday when I go to her house for dinner (Rosy Cheeks is my mom!)

At first I tried to tell her it would be really easy to turn that "T" into a "J", that didn't work. So then I asked my dad if I could have it, and he said "Sure!" But mom caught me trying to take it off her door.

So I gave up and made my own!



I used a piece of cardboard to make the J. Then I bought the garland from Jo Ann's with my 50% off coupon. I just wrapped it around it, pulling as much of the strands to the front as I could. I had seen the beautiful poinsettias at Jo Ann's also, all glittery and sparkle. But they were to much. So imagine my delight and excitement when I saw them on sale for 60% off at the day after Thanksgiving sale. I HAD to buy them, they were so cheap!

Here is a close up of the flower part.


I originally had it on my front door, but it kept getting blown around. Plus I always have a fresh pine wreath on the door and I can't break the tradition, so it has found a spot in on my front entry mirror.

On a nother note, this was asuper productive weekend! I got activity day invites made, Cookie Exchange invites made and made the scrabble tiles for the party favor...I will be featuring the cookie invite and scrabble tiles in an upcoming post...so stay tuned!

No comments: