Saturday, August 1, 2009

Treasures!

Today I discovered there is a 7 AM! My mom (The Clever Rose) and I went garage selling and as all good bargain hunters know the early bird gets the best stuff!

So I up I got at 7 AM and out we went. After a quick stop to get Rosie a Pepsi (seriously, if she does not have a Pepsi by like 10 then you want to hide, cause she is not fun!) off we went!

Here is what I found:


The birdhouse was $1. It was originally blue, which is not really in my color scheme, so I painted the blue parts black. The salad shooter is BRAND NEW and was $3 (I am calling that my find of the day) the book Stand A Little Taller is also brand new and was $1. I actually got 3 of the shadow boxes 50 cents each and you will just have to check back for my plans for those. The three red mattes were 75 cents and I am going to use those for the kids school pics this year. In front are two brand new sets of stamps $2 each and 4 scrapbook embellishments 25 cents each. The only thing I hesitated on was the wheat in the white pot. I plan on updating the ribbon and the pot a little but it will need some work, but for $1 I figured what the heck! I also got some Tupperware ($4), but left it in my moms (you better not be using it mom!)car. Total spent $16.75! Not bad for all the treasures I got!

I'll post the pics of the finished shadow boxes in few days, hopefully I will be able to get them all done!

I guess I am not the only one who found some fun tresures this past weekend. Check out Southern Hospitality to see other bloggers treasures from all over the country!

6 comments:

Debi said...

Wow!! You scored, especially on the stamps.... I love yard sales.
~Lizzy

Sharlotte said...

Great finds! I especially love that birdhouse!

Tarva said...

I love that birdhouse.

Kammy said...

Great job on the finds and so cheap too !
Shadow boxes are normally expensive !
Kammy

Shauna said...

You got some good deals! I love birdhouses!

Lyndsy Tippetts said...

Okay the wheat thing looks kinda like Wendy's little flower things in her house that I wanted to make!!!