Thursday, November 5, 2009

Challenge

So one of the blogs I stock, Somewhat Simple hosts a new challenge around a theme each month. I joined last months challenge, de-junking and deep cleaning challenge. I failed at that miserable! So when I saw this one centered around cooking and trying new recipes I decided I might actually be able to do it! I mean I have to cook anyways, and at lease this would be fun!

lets eat challenge button

For this week I choose the Maple Walnut Chicken . I really wanted to do the Banana Sour Cream Cake but with the abundance of candy and sweets in my house I thought I better not add to it.



I omitted the walnuts, because if my kids saw that they would not even consider eating this meal and substituted corn for the spinach because Mr ToadlyCrafty does not eat spinach. But other than I stuck pretty close to the recipe. I have to say I did not like it at all! I made the sauce and tasted it, it was pretty nasty! So I dumped the sauce and made my own with cream, a touch of maple syrup and chicken stock. It was better, but I would not recommend this recipe nor would I make it again.

If your up for the challenge head over to Somewhat Simple and get all the info!

1 comment:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I am glad you are doing this challenge- sorry week one didn't turn out better for you! Maybe next week!!!