Friday, January 22, 2010

Snowy day fun!




This is a cute and easy craft I have had in my "archives" for awhile. I made this fun tic tac toe game for a swap I was in. My kiddos loved it!

I started with one of those inexpensive chipboard boxes from the craft store. They usually run about $2. Then I covered it with cute paper, this time in an orange, brown and blue color scheme, securing it to the box with Modge Podge. I used paper strips to make the grid pattern on the lid.

I made the magnets just like all the other glass pebble magnets. I made five 0's and five X's. Then used hot glue to attach a magnet to each pebble and to each spot on the board. And ta da a new "toy" for a boring, inside, cold day!

I love the fact that it is self contained, that the playing pieces can be stored inside the box when not in use!

No comments: